Latest version: 22.214.171.124, 12-14-2011
rpforum-v126.96.36.199.zip - details
View past releases
Spanish translation provided by Maximiliano Méndez. Click here to download the .po file.
Italian translation provided by Bruno Ravera. Click here to download the .po file.
Do you have a Drupal site and need a simple forum solution? My new module, RP Forum, is a simple, all-in-one forum solution for Drupal 6. It installs with as few additional modules as possible, and works right out of the box. It even includes a convertor to help you move from SMF (simple machines forum).
Try out a live demo of RP Forum now!
RP Forum provides many of the same features as other popular open-source forums, like phpbb and SMF. While it does not have as many features as Drupal's premiere forum solution, Advanced Forum, it requires considerably fewer supporting modules and configurations (Advanced Forum requires between 15 - 20 additional modules, all with separate configurations, to replicate the functionality of phpbb or SMF). From experience, I can tell you that setting up and themeing Advanced Forum with all those extra modules can take hours.
RP Forum requires just 3 additional modules to run, and comes with the most common features expected of a forum. That said, if you feel like you would prefer the flexibility of Advanced Forum, please give it a try; it is an excellent solution. RP Forum is designed for novice (or lazy ;) webmasters and their less-than-tech-savvy clients who just want a basic forum solution up and running in 15 minutes.
Features (included without additional modules!)
- Ability to ban users based on IP and IP ranges
- You may filter out curse words (or any unwanted text) from posts
- User signatures and avatars
- User ranks based on # of posts
- Moderators per forum
- Subforums (1-level deep)
- Automatic word wrap of long URLs or strings in the body of a post
- View/Edit access control per forum (based on user role)
- Custom search functionality
- "Report abuse" functionality
- Administrators can move and split topics, as well as move individual posts
- Includes an attractive default theme and icons
- Simple WYSIWYG BBCode editor - may be disabled, and fckeditor or any other editor may be used instead
- Smiley package (included with WYSIWYG editor)
- Automatic RSS/Atom feed of posts (may be disabled)
- Users can "subscribe" (be emailed of replies) to posts
- Automatically interfaces with Privatemsg and User Panel
- Comes with a configurable "Recent Posts" block
- All posts are CCK nodes, not comments. So users can easily attach images or files or any other field type simply by adding the field to the rp_forum_post content type.
- Spanish language translation provided by Maximiliano Méndez.
- Italian language translation provided by Bruno Ravera.
Software License Fine Print
This code is considered "open source," and is released under the GNU Public License version 3 or any later version (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html). In a nut shell, you can change this code however you want, and redistribute it, but ONLY if it is ALSO under the GNU Public License version 3 or later. This code/software is given "as-is", with no warranty or guarantee.
If you use this code/software, I would appreciate credit and a link back to this site (richardpeacock.com), though this is not required.